In the wake of my Top 75 songs of the year, below you will find my Top 30 albums of 2013. Once again they are in alpha order with exception of the Top 5.
Happy Holidays!!! and see you in January.
Arcade Fire- Reflektor
Arctic Monkeys- AM
David Bowie- The Next Day
Courtney Barnett- The Double EP: A Sea Of Split Peas
Diana- Self Titled
Factory Floor- Self Titled
Foals- Holy Fire
Foxygen- We Are The 21st Century Ambassadors Of Peace and Magic
Frankie Rose- Herein Wild
Fuzz- Self Titled
Haim- Days Are Gone
Joanna Gruesome- Weird Sister
The Knife- Shaking The Habitual
Mazzy Star- Seasons of Your Day
Janelle Monáe- The Electric Lady
No Joy- Wait To Pleasure
Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark- English Electric
Still Corners- Strange Pleasures
Washed Out- Paracosm
Wild Nothing- An Empty Estate
Yeah Yeah Yeahs- Mosquito
5. Young Galaxy- Ultramarine. Young Galaxy keeps moving further and further away from their space rock beginnings. With the help of producer Dan Lissvik, this Montreal band made the best "Swedish" album of the year.
4. Vampire Weekend- Modern Vampires of the City. Number 1 on a lot of music websites and blogs. Just shows you how much this band has matured without changing their sound that much.
3. Chvrches- The Bones Of What You Believe. A great pop debut from the Scottish electro trio led by the spunky lead singer with the sugar coated voice, Lauren Mayberry.
2. My Bloody Valentine- mbv. Thought this album would never happen. I remember the night when the announcement was made and how social media reacted. Anybody and everybody who are My Bloody Valentine fans were trying to get into the band's website to download the album. Once I was finally able to get the LP, I stayed up all night listening to it. Well worth the wait.
1. Favourite Album of The Year: Savages- Silence Yourself. A vicious debut from the London post punk band. These ladies brought it with a ferocious mix of influences including Siouxsie, Patty Smith, Wire, Gang of Four, PJ Harvey and the Riot Grrrl scene.