Saturday 21 July 2012

New Music: Bloc Party- Octopus (Video)

















Finally got around to listening to the new Bloc Party single Octopus and I am not sure how I feel about it. I was a huge fan of the band's first album Silent Alarm but I must admit I found their follow up albums, A Weekend in the City and Intimacy, kind of boring.
Bloc Party has been on hiatus for the last few years and in that time lead singer Kele Okereke released a solo album called Boxer. Kele was also voted 2012's Sexiest Man in Indie Rock by Nerve Magazine just a couple of weeks ago.
Their sound on this new single still channels the same Gang of Four dance punk style that they have had over their previous three albums. There is also a cheezy guitar solo near the end of the song. Feel indifferent about this song.....but maybe it will grow on me.
The video is also pretty standard with the band playing in a warehouse or a loft and rhythmic gymnasts dancing around. Warning: The video may give you an epileptic seizure.
Bloc Party are set to release their new album called Four on August 21st. The album is available now for pre-order on iTunes.



No comments:

Post a Comment