Tuesday 27 November 2012

New Music: Mac DeMarco- Ode To Viceroy + Music Video


It's about time I wrote a post on this guy. I've been ignoring Mac DeMarco all year, even though he has released some excellent singles and two great albums in the last 12 months. I've also been kicking myself for missing his performance(s) at this years NXNE festival. I was at The Drake Hotel the night of his gig watching Eternal Summers and left before his performance to watch some punk band, who I can't remember the name of, at another venue up the street. I'm sure I will catch him live some time in the future.

Meanwhile, Mr. DeMarco has just come out with a video for the track Ode To Viceroy off his fine 2012 LP 2.  The song and video has DeMarco displaying his love for Viceroy cigarettes, a discount brand of cancer sticks I have never heard of. But then again I don't smoke and Canada has strict rules where you cannot have cigarettes on display in stores. Watch and listen below:

2 is out now and is available through Captured Tracks or iTunes.

For fans of Naomi Punk, Jonathan Richman, Daughn Gibson.





No comments:

Post a Comment