Friday 31 August 2012

New Music: Toy- Lose My Way + Music Video




Toy are a new buzz band out the U.K. featuring former members of Joe Lean and The Jing Jang Jong (The name of that band sort of rings a bell). The Guardian describes Toy's sound as "shoegazing, psychedelia, post rock, goth and post punk as well" and everything in between I suppose. To me they sound a lot like The Horrors which coincidentally Toy toured with recently.

Toy recently released a music video for their single Lose My Way that has the band performing in silhouette with popcorn coloured lights exploding in the background. Watch the video below.

Toy will release their self-titled debut album in North America on September 11th via Heavenly Recordings and Fontana North.



1 comment:

  1. I saw TOY supporting The Horrors in Bristol last February. My friend and I had been put on the guest list as Charlie, TOY's drummer is a friend from school. On the day they performed in Bristol, they received a glowing review from The Times so they must have been on such a high. NME recently gave them 8/10 for their new album. Destined for great things!

    ReplyDelete