Tuesday 4 September 2012

New Music: Woods- Size Meets the Sound



I plead ignorance when it comes to the band Woods. I didn't realize Woods have released five albums since 2007 and are about to release their sixth in a couple of weeks. Busy guys!!! I have six or seven of their songs sitting in my iTunes library, but I have never bought any of their albums and have not been that big of a fan.

That all might change if the first single from their new album is any indication. Size Meets the Sound is probably the best song I have heard from Woods. The production is getting better and the band have expanded their sound with garage psychedelia thrown into their repertoire of indie folk standards. The twangy guitar is a nice added touch and kind of reminds me of The Greenhornes garage sound.

Listen to the song below via Soundcloud

Woods release their new album Bend Beyond on September 18th via their own imprint Woodsist.

Woods are touring North America this fall including a stop at The Garrison in Toronto on October 2nd. Check your local listings for a tour date near you.



No comments:

Post a Comment